artwork by Catherine Langsdorf

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New BLOG just for FUN


I am really starting to spend a good deal of my art time with this crazy thing called Zentangling.

My first introduction was at a local calligraphers gathering. We spent time watching Maria Thomas' video on how to draw a zentangle. I was hooked. How could drawing repetitive designs be so captivating?

So, I carried a small journal where ever I went - basketball & soccer practice, appointments, and meetings. There were always folks curious as to what I was doing - it seemed hard to explain.

My next encounter was at IAMPETH where I took a class with Maria & Rick Roberts. They were amazing. So much energy and delight in these little designs. The room was full of folks with the same crazy interest. I was encouraged and delighted.

As you must know, if you are reading blogs, there are lots of folks out there hooked on this art. There are so many great resources for ideas and inspiration. I hope to contribute in some small way to this explosion of creativity and eye candy. My favorite place to look is on Flickr - Photo share. There is a great group just for Zentangles!

I look forward to posting new art often.  

1 comment:

Kerr Pelto said...

i have also found the world of zentangling to be fascinating. so glad you started this blog. aren't blogs fun? i have five, and they are for five totally different reasons, some public, some private. great way to express yourself and have others as well. was this your first time at IAMPETH?