artwork by Catherine Langsdorf

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Starry Eyed Surprise!


Yesterday I planned on making a mandala Zentangle - things did not go as "planned" - which I think is the point of making these tangles, to re-act to what is happening on the paper and NOT worry about the out come. I am pleased with the outcome, it just is not a full mandala.
While searching blogs, I came across these words:

"It's about the Process, NOT the Product." 

The product is just a happy side effect to the process happening in your mind.  When we let go of the ego and relax into the process, we yield amazing results.

While I do not consider this an amazing piece, it is rather pleasing. I am submitting it to another blog which has a weekly Zentangle challenge. Enjoy!

19 comments:

Genevieve said...

Love it!

sandy petals said...

This one is awesome!

Sue Clark said...

So delicate and beautiful!

stART said...

Absolutely elegant - I just love the curlicues off the tips of the stars...

Lois Heinani Stokes said...

★★★ Star-dusting Whispers of Aloha ★★★

Shelly Beauch said...

A starry delicacy!

Catherine said...

Thanks for all the kind comments! Welcome to my blog all you new followers!

Joni said...

Oh this is a very special star - a mandala star! I love the surprise curls on the tips.

HeatherCheryl said...

Simply stunning!

Ildiko said...

wonderful product !i'm sure you've enjoyed the process ! i almost got swallowed by my first mandala ,lol!

ptrish40 said...

Really, really nice - this zentnagle has a formal look to it - so pretty.

Annet said...

This is so pretty!

Enthusiastic Artist said...

Very lovely. Simple and elegant. And it certainly IS a mandala!

Lone Creature said...

ooooooh, drooling here...love it!

Terri Stegmiller said...

This is a very interesting and intriguing design. Love the detail on the tips of the star.

leslierahye said...

such a pretty mandala! You're inspiring me to try one!

Tinkered Art said...

I really like this - looks like the star is delicately balancing on the bottom curl - cool effect

Phine said...

This one is very pretty!!! It´s a Mandala-Star, isn´t it?!

BlackPumpkin said...

Love this mandala!!