artwork by Catherine Langsdorf

Thursday, March 24, 2011

PEACE ZIA


I finished this piece just 30 minutes before I needed to drive it to the exhibit. One of the churches in Asheville, NC is hosting an exhibit on 'Words for a Just Peace' in conjunction with the Carolina Lettering Arts Society. This is one of two pieces I submitted. The original is 11 x 14. My local copy shop ran some laser prints of this as 8 x 10s, I was so impressed with their quality! I hope to take some time to add shading and or color to some of those. Here are some close ups of the piece:



My other piece is a lantern, much more calligraphic in nature. 
Here is one side of it:


(Why does blogger turn pictures?) 
Any way, if you want to see more, click here.

3 comments:

lisannerosalie said...

Beautiful work!

Theanne and Baron said...

Lovely!

Darkskye said...

That Peace Zia is amazing. How did you plan something like that out, or did most of it just come?