artwork by Catherine Langsdorf

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Create-in-Me

Spent the weekend at Lutheridge - a wonderful retreat center in Western NC. The four day retreat was for enjoying your creative side in visual, music, poetry, whatever your interest. I was blessed to spend time helping with a Zentangle station and workshop. I had a few exciting 'Aha' moments.
First one, someone (George :o) realized that my -
is still read as ZEN when turned sideways!!!
How fun is that! Not planned, but grand!
Next I learned how to do this -


I know many of you know how to do this . . . and I have understood 'paradox' for a long time . . . but I finally SAW the squares and triangles that make up the 'string' to put the numerous paradoxes into.






and finally, I had time to finish a Zendala -

At some point I want to add color! But it is off to the Diva's Challenge!

4 comments:

stART said...

Too fun! I'm glad that Paradox finally stood still long enough to let you internalize the string, the ZEN/NEZ is too cool for words and OMG that ZENDALA! Wow! You have been a busy little tangler, haven't you!?! *G*

Darkskye said...

Oooooh, cool. And very creative with the zendala :D

Sue Clark said...

Wow! Beautiful work, all of them! I love the discovery of the ZEN turned sideways-how cool. You zendala is really pretty!

Jo Miller said...

What fun! I love them all!