artwork by Catherine Langsdorf

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Challenge 38

A simple challenge this week . . . one tangle, Paradox.
kaleidoscope
Thanks to some folks at "Create-in-Me" workshop, I finally understood this pattern.
"One stroke at a time" ® is so true.

This was such meditation to create. Working from the center out, blocking in squares and triangles and then completing each space with the tangle Paradox.
My next step will be to add some color - still debating what medium to use. 


For my birthday this year, my sister gave me the most interesting book - "Contemplative Crochet: A Hands-On Guide for Interlocking Faith & Craft" by Cindy Crandall-Frazier. Why do I mention this? Because much of what she says in regards to crochet applies to this craft of tangles. The title "The Power of Limits: Having More within a Structure of Less" is right on target for this challenge. We were given a limit, but then I found so much more within that structure! In her book, Cindy says,"As I practice, I learn to accept my shortcomings, fix my mistakes, and see my projects to completion. I learn patience and management. And because I have seen how one stitch(stroke) at a time can make a blanket (ZIA), I am not a stranger to the idea of taking one step at a time when faced with solving a life problem or just making it through a rough day."

This zendala was great reflection on patience and taking it step at a time. Enjoy the moment!

9 comments:

Mariƫt said...

WOw......very beautiful!
and very inspiring too!

Judi said...

Wow, this turned out fantastic. Really, really lovely work.

GinaA said...

Beautiful zendala, love the star that you have left, Parts without lines are just as important as the ones with.

Daniele OBrien Design said...

Holy zendala, You did a fabulous job!

Shelly Beauch said...

Wonderful, super concentration and patience.

Darkskye said...

Um. *Wow*? Very, very nice

Tinkered Art said...

So lovely - the blank spacing adds just the right touch.

Terrie said...

Stunning! Complex and challenging and so amazing to look at.

Denise said...

Wow, your drawing looks amazing. I haven't seen these before. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Good luck!