artwork by Catherine Langsdorf

Tuesday, April 2, 2013


Ran across a blog with images using a sphere. Really liked the look. So I decided to give it a try. This is the 3rd image I created. It is the one I am most pleased with the outcome. The main pattern, 'Tuxedo', was designed by LeeAnn, a.k.a Ledenzer. It is the Diva challenge #112 for this week. It is not a pattern that I normally would have tried out, but that is why the challenge was tempting. There are 6 steps to this basic pattern, again not something I would normally be drawn to. While the basic pattern is there, I did have to make some alterations. I also shaded the final piece, something I rarely do. So a great challenge! Think I will go play some more.

7 comments:

Connie said...

forYou are so talented, and I love the leaves below :)
Come visit and enter our $25 Amazon gift card give-a-way :)

Lara Williams said...

Beautiful!

Linda said...

Wow Catherine. This is lovely. Linda E.

distangleart said...

I love how you used Tuxedo, it is so beautiful. I never thought to make a shere out of Tuxedo.

Anne's tangle blog said...

I love this ball you made.

Didisch said...

Like me you did it on a sphere. Great outcome. I had a lot of fun doing this tangle on a sphere. We had the same thougths and yet the outcome is so different!

Chrissie said...

This is so beautiful and well done.