artwork by Catherine Langsdorf

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Bears

 Hendersonville, NC has an annual Bear on Main exhibit. Once the fiberglass bears have been out on display for the summer, there is an auction for each of the 20 bears. The money goes to non-profit organizations in our community.

This bear is the one I worked on with 5 other artists. We are all members of a local gallery. It was amazing to work with other artists from very different backgrounds. I thought we did a great job of compromising and enhancing one another's style.
 As the calligrapher - I painted six different quotes on the bear. I also got to work a bit on the head and painted the charm hanging off the red collar.

It was such a delight to be at the unveiling.

In addition to the bear, each of the artists did a note card that we are selling in sets.

Here is my image . . . .

2 comments:

Ayman Kaddouri said...

Great work on the Bear. .

Teresita said...

Me gustan mucho vuestros diseños, son muy creativos!!!!!